Jupiter in Capricorn – Dec 2019 to Dec 2020
Jupiter begins its journey into Capricorn on December 2nd, the start of a seemingly tempestuous ride through the rugged terrain of Capricorn peaks and abysses. The reason this transit will be particularly dramatic is in anticipation for the meeting with karmic titans, Saturn and Pluto.
Soon after its ingress into Capricorn, Jupiter will trine Uranus in Taurus at 2 degrees, and subsequently conjunct the total Solar Eclipse at 4 degrees Capricorn, remaining at 8 degrees Capricorn on the South Node into the 2nd January 2020 Eclipse.
Three subsequent conjunctions with Pluto will occur in April, July, and November 2020. Jupiter the giant conjuncting the dwarf Pluto is a phenomenal affair in dealings of power, politics, and the insatiable drive for resource development. Both are forces of growth and expansion, and together they capture the most extreme forms of resourcefulness. When you think of Pluto/Jupiter, think Mohandas Gandhi (Jupiter/Pluto in Taurus) and Nelson Mandela (Jupiter/Pluto in Cancer), unbeatable spirits who fervently fought the shadows of racist ideologies without bending.
The transit culminates with a conjunction with father Cronos (Saturn) as they both ingress into Aquarius on December Solstice of 2020.
Chart 1 – Jupiter and Pluto Conjunction – April 2020
About Jupiter in Capricorn
Jupiter in Capricorn reflects intensely strong ambitions, leadership, and drive for economic growth and power. In its destructive aspects, it can inflate self-righteousness and engender rigid ideologies and prejudice that risk escalating into the manipulation of religious ideas for political motives. A worst-case example is Adolph Hitler born with Jupiter in Capricorn on his South Node, reflecting his tenacious drive for political power and destructive ideologies rooted in prejudice and dogma. Positively, Walt Disney was born under a Saturn/Jupiter conjunction in Capricorn, building an entertainment empire from his artistic talent in sketching cartoons. And yet, Disney was also known for fervent political ideologies and fervent right wing, anti-communist beliefs.
Positively, Jupiter in Capricorn can reflect the need to restore integrity and ethical standards to confront the abuse of power and greed, or abuse of ideologies. For example, Richard Nixon born with Jupiter in Capricorn was exposed for the Watergate Scandal during a Jupiter return cycle.
A look back at JUPITER IN CAPRICORN
– Watergate Scandal (Richard Nixon also born with Jupiter in Capricorn) – the plight of blind ambition.
– Racial Genocide in Burundi against Hutus.
– Discovery of AIDS Virus (Saturn in Scorpio).
– Famine in Ethiopia.
– Galileo forgiven by Vatican for work on the Earth orbit 368 years after being condemned.
– China begins surface-to-surface missile testing and military exercises off Taiwanese coastal areas.
– Massacres of Hutus by Tutsis in Burundi take place with more than 450 killed within a few days.
– Stock markets around the world plunge amid growing fears of a U.S. recession, fueled by the 2007 subprime mortgage crisis.
– Global financial crisis.
– Satoshi Nakamoto publishes “Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System.
– The Spotify music streaming service is launched in Sweden.
Chart 2 – The Solar Eclipse of Dec 26, 2019 conjunct Jupiter in Capricorn
Chart 3 – The Federal Reserve chart with a dramatic Jupiter return
© 2019 Maurice Fernandez – all rights reserved
No part of this article may be used without written consent of the author, unless credit and reference to this website are provided.